Study Trips Officer
The Siam Society Under Royal Patronage is looking for a full-time Study Trips Officer. The role involves the coordination and implementing management of the Society’s study trips programme, which is considered as one of the core activities of The Siam Society for its members and the general public.
- Coordinate in developing a suitable and practical study trips programme, which include ideas creation, finding experts, conducting surveys for possibilities in organising the planned trip, transportations and estimations etc.
- Serve as the main coordinator for all client members and experts for each study trip on matters such as booking and payment, transportation arrangements, contents on handout production etc.
- Able to self-conduct (manage to lead) trips to destinations in Thailand and abroad.
- Serve as the main coordinator and facilitator with relevant agencies and stakeholders (hotels, museums, attractions, temples etc.), including trip leader(s), to ensure the successful outcome of each trip.
- Responsible for all paperwork, including financial related documents with respect to each trip.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Minimum bachelor’s or technical college degree.
- At least two years of relevant experience.
- Ability to travel abroad, including the flexibility to work during odd hours, which may sometimes include weekends.
- Excellent physical health conditions.
- Tourist Guide License preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge, passion, and interest in the area of culture and history, along with an interest in natural environment (if possible).
- IT skills in Microsoft Office, YouTube, and social media channels. Photo and video editing skills is preferred.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English and Thai.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Service minded and team-oriented.
The Study Trips Officer will report directly to the Managing Director of The Siam Society. Please send your full resume in English along with a recent photograph to: email@example.com
- Manage the acquisitions of library resources.
- Be responsible for the classification and cataloguing functions for all library resources.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of bibliographic and authority records in the online catalogue.
- Update holdings data to reflect materials addition, transfer, and withdrawal.
- Keep monthly records of title additions and deletion.
- Account for gifts the library receives.
- Perform service desk duties.
- Perform additional duties essential to the achievement of effective library operation.
- Perform other relevant tasks and duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements
- A degree in library science, library and information science, information studies, or other related fields.
- Prior experience in library technical services preferred.
- Knowledge of automated library systems, library cataloguing standards and frameworks, and current trends and best practices in cataloguing.
- Ability to:
- Keep current documentation on acquisitions and cataloguing procedures;
- Perform original and copy cataloguing of library materials in English and Thai;
- Perform duties with little or no direction;
- Work both independently and in a team.
- Interpersonal sensitivity sufficient to recognise the special needs and concerns of library users.
- Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job, including but not limited to:
- Lift and carry library materials;
- Push a loaded book cart;
- Reach shelves up to 185cm high and at the floor;
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard library and office equipment;
- Visual acuity sufficient to read a computer screen or typewritten page.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills
- High proficiency in written and spoken English and Thai.
The Librarian will report to the Managing Director of The Siam Society. Please send your full resume in English along with a cover letter and a recent photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org