- Manage the acquisitions of library resources.
- Be responsible for the classification and cataloguing functions for all library resources.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of bibliographic and authority records in the online catalogue.
- Update holdings data to reflect materials addition, transfer, and withdrawal.
- Keep monthly records of title additions and deletion.
- Account for gifts the library receives.
- Perform service desk duties.
- Perform additional duties essential to the achievement of effective library operation.
- Perform other relevant tasks and duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements
- A degree in library science, library and information science, information studies, or other related fields.
- Prior experience in library technical services preferred.
- Knowledge of automated library systems, library cataloguing standards and frameworks, and current trends and best practices in cataloguing.
- Ability to:
- Keep current documentation on acquisitions and cataloguing procedures;
- Perform original and copy cataloguing of library materials in English and Thai;
- Perform duties with little or no direction;
- Work both independently and in a team.
- Interpersonal sensitivity sufficient to recognise the special needs and concerns of library users.
- Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job, including but not limited to:
- Lift and carry library materials;
- Push a loaded book cart;
- Reach shelves up to 185cm high and at the floor;
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard library and office equipment;
- Visual acuity sufficient to read a computer screen or typewritten page.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills
- High proficiency in written and spoken English and Thai.
The Librarian will report to the Managing Director of The Siam Society. Please send your full resume in English along with a cover letter and a recent photograph to email@example.com