Journal of The Siam Society (JSS)
The Journal of The Siam Society (JSS) publishes original articles of a scholarly nature, in English, on Thailand and neighbouring countries in a wide range of disciplines including archaeology, epigraphy, history, ethnology, religion, language, literature, art and architecture, and performing arts. It has become one of the leading scholarly publications in South-East Asia with its international outlook and articles of enduring value.
JSS has been published twice a year since 2019; No. 1 January–June and No. 2 July–December. It is provided to members of The Siam Society, partner libraries and other institutions, and is available for sale to non-members (please send email to: email@example.com).
JSS is a peer-reviewed journal and listed on the SCOPUS database of academic journals, which enables contributors to gain credits for themselves and their university’s ranking. Acceptance into SCOPUS entails JSS being listed on the Thai Journals Online website where you will now find the most up-to-date information including recent and future issues, information for contributors and more.
Editorial matters and manuscripts can be emailed to Dr Chris Baker, Honorary Editor, JSS
Honorary Editor: Chris Baker (The Siam Society, Thailand)
Editor: Paul Bromberg (The Siam Society, Thailand)
- Bhawan Ruangsilp (Chulalongkorn University, Thailand)
- Volker Grabowsky (University of Hamburg, Germany)
- Alexandra Green (British Museum, UK)
- John Guy (Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, USA)
- Rachel Harrison (SOAS, UK)
- Yoko Hayami (Kyoto University, Japan)
- Michael Herzfeld (Harvard University, USA)
- Patrick Jory (University of Queensland, Australia)
- Justin T. McDaniel (University of Pennsylvania, USA)
- Nicolas Revire (Thammasat University, Thailand)
- Tej Bunnag (The Thai Red Cross Society, Thailand)
- Wannasarn Noonsuk (California State University, USA)
Notes for Contributors
JSS Volume 109 No. 2, 2021
Single copies are available at THB 1,000 / USD 80
(includes surface mail for shipping overseas and shipping in Thailand)
For inquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
JSS Subscription Rate
The Siam Society Members: Free (on request).
Non-member individuals: USD 32 (per year/volume).
Institutions: USD 80 (per year/volume).